Learn about sustainable (and mindful) RV travel, Baja's best attractions, Cerritos happenings, and more in Cerritos Boutique RV's monthly blog, ¿Que Onda?
Cerritos boasts a popular surfbreak, swimmable beach, and laid back vibes, but it's also super close to the Pueblo Magico of Todos Santos. As December arrives, so does the 11th Annual Gastrovino Festival.
This celebration claims to be a "testament to the power of community and collaboration" in Todos Santos. It features 3 days of food and wine enjoyed in various locations in the downtown of Todos Santos.
December 8 and 9 offer tours through Todos Santos, one in the Northern part and the other day exploring the South side. Each venue visited offer a specially crafted culinary creation from a local chef paired with a wine. After parties for each day's tours are held at Guaycura and Alquemia, respectively, so that participants can dance and mingle more.
The Festival Gastrovino takes places on Sunday, December 10, 2023 and showcases 20 winemakers, 20+ restaurants, live art, and live music. Tickets are $1700 pesos and include 7 wine tastings, 5 culinary tastings, a commemorative wine glass, and an afterparty hosted by Oystera.
If you'd rather drive your RV or campervan down to Baja and stay local, there are still lots of places to enjoy Baja's culinary gems within walking distance to Cerritos Boutique RV. Here are some of our local favorites:
- Barracuda Cantina: When we say Barracuda makes the best margaritas, we aren't fooling around. The bartenders are true mixologists and have a variety of uniquely thoughtful cocktails as well as the OG margarita. The have a simple menu with fish, shrimp, or sweet potato in taco or surfer burrito styles, as well as a few other items. You'll pass Barracuda walking from CBRV to the beach.
- Shaka's: Looking for a taste of home? Wherever home was for you, you'll find it here. Adorned with jerseys and flags from every sports team, Shaka's embraces the atmosphere of a sports bar where everyone is friends. Their menu has the American classics as well as Mexican dishes, and it's all consistently delicious. Try a Shaka's lager!
- Don Nachos: A family run business (the sweetest family, might I add) operates this traditional Mexican restaurant just 2 minutes walking from CBRV. Their menu has some specialties from other regions of Mexico, like sopes and flautas. It's all made with lots of love.
- Casa Maya: Featuring an open kitchen and specials of the day (I like the blackened catch of the day), this restaurant is in the condos right behind Barracuda Cantina. Ever so slightly more upscale, their menu has a BBQ ribs, sushi, soups, and other American fare.
- Tasi Juice Bar: Located in the surf shop plaza on your way to this beach, this small operation puts out some powerfully awesome bowls, smoothie, and juice shots. They top their bowls with frozen fruit to keep things extra refreshing.
Whether you decide to stay local to Cerritos or venture to the big city of Todos Santos, there's no shortage of spectacular food and drink in our area of Baja.